An apple a day keeps the doctor away, but not this one.
Here's Lycka's no-no list: Diet Patches, Slim Suits, Herbal Teas, Weight Loss Creams, Diet Pills. And there's plenty more to read.
With the need to be healthy, there are many new diet programs that come into the dieting world. However, there are diet scams to avoid. Yes, there are people out there trying to always scam people and the diet niche is no different. By performing a search on the Internet, you can find hundreds of diet plans that help and that are scams. But which ones do you go with and which ones do you avoid?
Lycka advises you to pitch the patch.
There are many signs that make a red flag go up in some of these new diet scams. The Internet world gives their opinions and it is hard to determine whether or not the person is just angry because they tried the plan and failed. This doesn't always mean the plan is a scam. Here are a few diet scams to avoid.
1. Diet Patches- These are patches which you place in areas where you want to loose weight. This ridiculous diet scam makes no sense and is borrowing from the smoking patch and pain patch. There are some things that a patch cannot solve.
2. Slim suits- This is where you wrap yourself in wraps to trap heat and sweat the fat away. Your sweat in your body is what hydrates your body. By taking away the sweat quickly, you can really hurt your hydration in your body and go into dehydration.
3. Herbal teas- This is healthy for the flushing away toxins in your body, but unfortunately will not flush away pounds. Similar to the "Pee Pill", herbal tea will not help you loose wait. You will just pee away all the natural dieting nutrients from your body. Plus you might even get a bladder infection if you are urinating too often.
4. Weight Loss Creams- Similar to the patch, creams are ridiculous because they are just that, creams. A cream will not help you loose weight. A cream will only moisturize your skin. Depending what you new weight loss cream contains, you might even get an allergic reaction to the different added chemicals which your body is not used to. The weight loss cream is monopolizing off the pain cream.
5. Diet Pills- There are many diet pills that offer fast energy to burn off the weight quickly. These are a lie. The only pill you need to be taking are vitamins. Diet pills have been a controversy for years and for every pill you take, there is a high possibility of getting a horrible side effect. There is not miracle pill. There is never going to be.
It is always good to read up on every diet plan you are going to take. Consulting you doctor can help with recognizing a diet scam. People are always looking for a good deal and a fast deal. Beware of the fast and easy route. The fast way is not through a diet plan. The good and beneficial diet plans take months before seeing results. The only dieting you can really do is to eat normal portions of food and exercise. After a few months, you will see results. Remember that and good luck.
About the Author : Dr. Barry Lycka is president of http://www.LesTout.com the number one source of Internet guidance.
Article Source: http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Barry_Lycka
Avoid diet scams and fads.